It’s Grace here again stopping in to share our monthly roundup, and we’re celebrating innovation on this Friday Five! Whether it’s innovation in the marriage of fashion design and tech, reimagining the nation’s license plates, or simply saying yes to multiple face masks to whip your troublesome skin into shape. Happy reading my friends!
1. This Rising Designer 3-D Printed an Entire Collection at Home – Using an amazing blend of tech and fashion design, Danit Peleng has created what looks like lace, but really is 3-D printed material in her first collection out of college. Watch the video to be amazed and inspired!
2. Forever21 Unveils a Giant, Crazy Machine That Re-creates Your Instagram Photos In Thread – Taking interactive fashion and social media to the next level, Forever 21 created a giant “thread screen” to take your instagram photos and turn them into textile art.
3. Your State’s License Plate, Redesigned! – Ever thought to yourself, “Huh, why does my state’s license plate look like this?” You’re not alone. Atlanta-based graphic designer Jonathan Lawrence has reimagined the state’s plates with this awesome roundup. What’s your favorite?
4. Chicken and Chickpea Green Goddess Power Salad – This salad has my name all over it, perfect for those sticky summer days when eating anything heavier is unbearable. Chicken and chickpeas provide power packed protein to keep you full all day.
5. Try “Multimasking” For Your Face – Most of us have different types of skin even on the same face. I personally, cannot keep my chin dry while my forehead is in need of serious moisturizer. Treat yourself to an end of the summer multimask!
1. #LCCSummerEssentials – A fun miniseries that just ended yesterday, sharing all of Taylor’s summer essentials from beauty to even packing a cooler for those beach days!
2. SBScon Recap In A Nutshell – We all saw all of the beautiful instagrams on our favorite blogger’s feeds, so now we’re all wondering what’s the hype about #SBScon?! I really enjoyed reading Taylor’s recap and even getting to see peaks of the beautiful Charleston!
3. Healthy Ground Turkey & Quinoa Bowl – I honestly serve quinoa with about everything. It was nice getting to see another use for my favorite pasta alternative!
4. Another Day, Another Dress – Doesn’t every girl just want to throw on an easy dress and go in the summer heat? You can’t beat this gorgeous one with a flattering silhouette, interesting print mixing, and even that adorable tie in the back!
5. My Discovery Of It Cosmetics – Last but not least, the latest beauty post on the LCC which thoroughly reviewed each product from It Cosmetics. I genuinely want to go out and try some of these now!
Written and Curated for the LCC by Grace Toulotte, United by Love Design
Today’s the last post of the #LCCSummerEssentials! Last but not least, you need to have a fully packed cooler aboard in order to stay cool and prepared. First off, you always need to be hydrated so I load up my extra-large mason jars with water and lots of ice. We also made a batch of fresh lemonade and brought along fresh lemons and limes. It was very refreshing about mid-afternoon! For lunch we had an easy-to-pack salad in a jar (more on that next week). I make sure to check, double check, and triple check that I bring along snacks. Homegirl gets HANGRY without her snacks. I’ve been loving fresh fruit and lots of different snack bars. My favorites are this sour apple & maple almond butter combo, and KIND snack bars. Finally, I try to always bring along a juice for right before we leave and/or the morning. What do you usually pack in your cooler for a beach day?
Photos by Foster White
Once I find beauty favorites, I usually stick with them. What can I say, I’m loyal? That causes a problem though, in that I hardly try new products due to it. When I saw It Cosmetics at #SBScon I knew I had to talk to them. I’d never heard of the brand before but everything was looking appealing to me, so I made a run for it. Once I got home I couldn’t wait to try out all of my new goodies.. Here’s the breakdown of what I thought on each product:
1. CC+ Cream With SPF 50+ – One of my favorites out of all that I tried. Not only does it go on smoothly, but the hydrating formula is infused with Peptides, Niacin, Algae, Vitamins A, C, B, E, Hyaluronic Acid and Hydrolyzed Collagen along with Antioxidants and exotic natural botanicals for long-term brightening and color-correcting benefits. I’ve been wearing it everyday, alone or underneath foundation!
2. Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer – The tagline for this product says it all, “It’s your 8 hours of sleep in a tube!” Seriously though, being a senior at art school is extremely extremely exhausting, all the while the next day I have to look my best for a presentation or project proposal.. This product saves my life!
3. Hello Light Anti-Aging Luminizing Crème Stick – I’ve never been much of a highlighter fan, usually because all of the ones I’ve boughten have looked too glittery on my fair skin. This one is a great universal shade that illuminates while not looking too glittery. Definitely not an everyday staple for me, but worth trying.
4. Bye Bye Pores Pressed Powder – Not pictured above, but without question my FAVORITE product from It Cosmetics! This makes your makeup have an airbrushed-look finish and completes my morning routine. I highly recommend trying this product. It keeps your face looking fresh and shine-free!
5. Vitality Brightening Anti-Aging Face Disk – This is a great product for the girl on-the-go. I keep it in my purse for quick touch-ups. The three sections include Matte Bronzer, Illuminating Powder and Vitality Blush Stain.
6. Naturally Pretty Vol. 1 Matte Luxe Transforming Eyeshadow Palette – Not only does it have a great array of colors, it is proven to reduce the look of lines and wrinkles on your eyelids. ALSO, the really cool part of this palette is the transforming pearl shade, add it to any of the colors and your look instantly goes from matte to pearl!
7. Vitality Lip Flush 4-in-1 Reviver Lipstick Stain – This is a lip product that gives the naturally pretty flush, vitality-filled, color of a lipstick, with the Anti-Aging, hydrating and conditioning feel of a balm AND a long-wear stain that doesn’t dry out lips! Shown above is the “Je Ne Sais Quoi” shade.
Photos by Hannah Kik
*Products were provided by It Cosmetics. All view and opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep the LCC going.
With the relentless heat here in Savannah and all of the amazing Pre-Fall goodies at the #NSale, I can’t help but think of thick sweaters, layering, and breaking out my beloved boots. Today’s Currently Coveting is dedicated to the cooler days (hopefully) ahead of us! Most of the items are even on sale, the only time you can purchase these pieces BEFORE the season and marked down!
1 Eyelet Lace Dress | 2 Eyeshadow Palette | 3 Floppy Hat | 4 Druzy Earrings | 5 Colorblock Sweater | 6 Staple Leopard Clutch | 7 Face Mask Trio | 8 Fringe Cuff | 9 Crossbody Saddle Bag | 10 Booties (on sale and come in 3 colors!) | 11 Midi Skirt | 12 Crystal Bracelet | 13 Boho Sweater | 14 Striped Jacket (love SO much) | 15 Chocolate Riding Boots | 16 Riding Boots