Grace here! This week I’m really embracing the idea behind Friday Five and mixing it up with the articles I picked as my favorite! Let me know in the comments what you think and what you’ve been reading. Hope ya enjoy!
1. Serena Willams Channels Her Inner Beyonce- Tennis legend Serena Williams is on the annual Vogue “Shape” issue and re-enacted this tribute to Queen B in a copy cat “7/11″ video. This one will have you dancing in your cubicle.
2. The Man Repeller Chatroom: Iris Apfel Edition- I love Leandra Medine from the Man Repeller, but I equally love Iris Apfel. Her outrageous costume jewelry reminds me of my own grandmother who while was understated still owned a ton of costume jewelry- I inherited several gallon sized Ziploc bags worth. I’ll be sure to catch the documentary about her simply entitled, Iris.
3. In Praise of Ilana Glazer’s Style- I just got into Broad City in the last couple weeks and have somehow managed to plow through two seasons. By now, I have a girl crush/spirit animal thing going on with Ilana Glazer. She’s the me who I’d want to be if I lived in New York. Her much discussed style is the focus of this analysis.
4. I Live In An All-Women Boardinghouse- What an interesting read on an unusual living circumstance! I had no idea that this was the preferred type of living situation for single working girls in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. Did you know that Grace Kelly, Joan Didion, and Betsy Johnson all once lived in an all-womens boardinghouse?
5. The Lives of NYC Public Housing Residents in Photos- This is an amazing initiative to get cameras in the hands of at risk youth in order to document their history. I love that these kids are learning how to compose and shoot photos, but more so, that these photos get to live with us forever in a real book. Follow to link for more info.
Written and Curated for the LCC by Grace Toulotte, United by Love Design