Now that I’ve introduced the #LCCSummerEssentials it’s time to talk beauty. I’ve used and abused this poor skin of mine, but I’m making a promise to myself to take better care of it. I recently learned this starts with what you eat, believe it or not! It’s really important to keep your skin hydrated during the summer, which means drinking lots of water and moisturizing, moisturizing, moisturizing. When you’re headed to the beach remember to keep these important products on hand!
1. MAC Pressed Blot Powder – This is great for when you’re leaving the beach and need to be seen in public without those lovely sweat marks all over your face. I use this product everyday, and the beach would be an occasion where I definitely wouldn’t leave home without it.
2. Spray-On Lotion – I’m a new believer when it comes to spray-on lotion. To be honest, I never even used lotion much. Once I discovered this baby there’s no excuse not to. Like I said before, moisturizing is key.
3. Deodorant – This one might be a no brainer, but you won’t believe how many beach trips I’ve forgotten it. Ew.
4. Face Wipes – My secret beauty weapon people. I’m not kidding, these things work magically and they smell AMAZING. A simple face wipe while on the beach will cool you down and keep you looking good. I’m going to try these coconut water ones next.
5. Tropical Scent – What’s better then walking off the beach and into the nearest café smelling like you just left a tropical island? I can’t say enough good things about Pacifica products, they’re 100% cruelty free and vegan! (Be careful not to spray before you go to the beach otherwise bugs might think you’re extra sweet.)
6. Prep + Prime Face Lotion – This is another product I wear on the daily, but a super help when going to the beach. I use it as a primer in the mornings, but you can use this as your sole product for your face at the beach. It’s antioxidant rich with a super silky finish and has SPF 50 in it to protect that beautiful face of yours!
7. Lip Balm – I’m constantly being teased because of how many of these little things I have around me. One in my car, one on my desk, and about 293408 in my purse. Always. It’s infused with shea butter, vitamin E, zinc and jojoba oil and EOS offers a crazy amount of yummy flavors!
9. SPF – I’ve talked about SPF for your face, but what about the rest of your body?! You have to protect it with something! I love Hawaiian Tropic’s new line of Silk Hydration products. Their SPF provides hydrating ribbons infused with silk protein and shea butter for continuous moisture. I also swear by their After Sun Lotion as mentioned in this post, mmm it smells so good and has aloe infused!
10. Tan Towels – This is a new-to-me product. I’ve always scoffed at self-tanners because of a horrendous memory I have of my mom experimenting with them when I was younger. This product proves to challenge that thought though, with a super easy application for a no streak tan. You’ll have a natural glow within 2-4 hours! I’m thinking about purchasing the full kit and caboodle myself..
I hope this has helped you pack a prepared makeup bag when heeding to the beach to prevent any bad peeling experiences beforehand! I’ll be sharing my beach bag and reading essentials next week, but tag #LCCSummerEssentials in any posts about your must-haves this season!