It’s time for another fun and fab-filled beauty chat! Hey guys, it’s Emilie! Today’s post will serve as a helpful guide for anyone looking to grab a great cleansing mask, an ultra-hydrating moisturizer, an acne-fighting primer, a full coverage foundation, or a stunning summer blush. For each category I’m providing two options, the high end and the drugstore, so that this post will work for anybody and any budget.
1. The high end GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Mask (on sale currently!) and the drug store brand Boscia Luminizing Black Mask are formulated differently but have similar results. The GlamGlow Mask applies like a mud and dries to a hard shell-like finish. This mask is packed with K17 Clay, which extracts excess oils, bacteria and toxins. The Boscia Mask applies more like a firm gel and dries to an almost plastic finish that easily peels right off the skin. This mask is full of Calcium Montmorillonite Clay, which also absorbs excess oil, dirt and toxins. Both of these masks have left my skin feeling clean and purged. You really can’t go wrong with either.
2. The high end Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and The Body Shop Brand Tea Tree Primer are both suitable for makeup lovers with acne-prone skin. The active ingredient in the Smashbox Primer is salicylic acid, which causes skin cells to shed more easily, allowing bacteria to escape from the pores. The active ingredient in The Body Shop Primer is tea tree oil, which has all natural disinfecting and soothing properties. Both of these products work underneath my makeup to keep my skin looking good. They create a soft and pore-less looking finish so that the makeup I wear on top comes out flawlessly. If you’re looking for a primer with salicylic acid then go with the Smashbox. But if you’d prefer a product with natural ingredients The Body Shop brand will suit you well.
3. The high end Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and the Boots Brand Moisturizing Lotion both provide similar results due to the fact that they work for all skin types. These moisturizers contain all the proper ingredients to take care of oily spots, dry patches or a combination of the two. I like to switch up my skincare routine pretty often so I’ll use either of these moisturizers on any given day or night. What I like most about them is that they really hydrate my skin without leaving a shiny or greasy residue.
4. The high end Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation and the drug store brand Revlon ColorStay Foundation both apply and wear extremely similarly on the skin. I’ve noticed that these two foundations have almost the exact same consistency and blend out to the same finish. My favorite things about them would have to be that they don’t break me out and that they don’t oxidize (turn that hideous orange color!) They provide the full coverage I like to have and they’re both long-wearing so I never have to touch up at any point throughout the day.
5. The high end Nars Blush and the drug store brand Rimmel London Blush are without a doubt my two favorite blushes in the world. I love a completely matte face but there’s just something about a shimmery blush that’s to die for. I’ve only ever bought shimmery blushes from Nars and Rimmel blushes all seem to have a definite sheen to them. Both blushes are perfectly pigmented. Nothing bothers me more than a blush that looks gorgeous in its packaging but doesn’t show up well on the skin. Both of these show up beautifully and double as highlighters because of the high shimmer content. They also don’t budge. Swipe some on in the morning and your rosy glow will surely hold up throughout the day.
Disclaimer: I am not paid or sponsored by any of the companies I’ve mentioned to talk about their products. I’m discussing and recommending these things because I love and benefit from them and I hope you will too! But of course different things work for different people so results may vary.
Written and Curated for the LCC by Emilie Louizides