Y’all remember these boozy frappuccino popsicles we shared back in 2015? — Whew, that’s a long time ago! Can’t believe the LCC has been around that long! Anyway, I digress. They were such a hit that I thought it’s about time to make some more. Popsicles are the easiest way to create a cooling treat with anything you’d like; coffee, fruit, yogurt… You get the gist. So, I made one of my favorite drinks into delicious summer desserts or snacks. Yes, please!
Since the tequila makes these popsicles on the soft side, they must be eaten immediately. If you want to sit them out for several minutes, set them on ice sprinkled with a little coarse salt. Go ahead and sprinkle some salt on the pops too, delish! If you don’t want yours to be too tart, swap the salt for a sprinkle of sugar.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup water
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 1 lime wedge
- Salt or sugar for garnish
- Popsicle sticks
- Combine sugar, lime juice, water, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cool, transfer to a blender with tequila, triple sec, and lime wedge and process until smooth. Pour into the molds and cover the top of each with foil.
- Make a slit and place the popsicle stick in center of mold (down through foil, which will hold it in place).
- At this point, you can also include lime slices to up the visual appeal.
- Freeze until hard, preferably overnight.
- Remove from freezer. Carefully remove popsicles from the mold.
- Garnish with kosher salt and serve immediately.
These are super easy to make and you could even make a non-alcoholic version for the kiddos!
Summer is still going strong here, y’all. There is nothing that I want more than fall, but if we have to have summer, I’ll enjoy it with these sweet but tangy margarita pops. What’s your favorite way to cool off on a hot summer’s day?