Remember when I told y’all about my promise to myself to live a healthier life? In that post I remember saying that I was going to share updates here on the blog, and I had all intentions too. But the past few weeks were a down for me when it comes to this topic, and it just didn’t feel right trying to type out things that I was guilty of ignoring.
Now that school has started (and the weather’s cooled down) it’s back on track for this girl. I had to realize that I’m only human, and slips were going to happen. I was so focused on the fact that it happened rather then how to bounce back and land on my feet. I’ve learned that getting outside more and being active has helped motivate me to live a healthier lifestyle. No more hermit for this girl (I know my fellow introverts will understand)! Here’s a few tips that’ve helped me get outside more! Do you have tips of your own? Let me know in the comments, this is a learning process and we’re in this together!
1. Take A Walk- I’ve started getting up in the morning and going for a walk. It just pushes me to get moving and get my day started. I actually heard this tip from Jess, and it really works! I rotate each day and take one of the pups for a long walk around Forsyth. It’s a treat for both of us! (And listen to this while you do so. 😉 )
2. Incorporate Your Workout- I’ve been doing my Kayla sessions outside a little more each week. I just grab my yoga mat and head to Forsyth with my bluetooth speaker and water bottle. It’s so much more relaxing! I think it makes me more inspired to keep going, whereas sometimes doing my workout at home gets to be a little stifling.
3. Socialize- Going on walks/runs with friends can be a great time to catch up. Plus the company can help you to keep going even when you don’t want to!
4. Time For A Lunch Break- Are you stuck in an office environment or even just bored of working from home? It’s nice to eat lunch outside and just recharge for the rest of the day. If you’re going all out, make it a picnic!
5. Wake Up & Choose Workout Clothes- Okay, this sounds a little strange coming from a fashion blogger, I admit. But seriously, I find that when I choose to put on workout clothes for the day I’m so much more likely of getting a workout in. It’s probably all in my head, but hey whatever works.