I’m a sucker for a good caramel apple, so today’s post is a favorite of mine.
Happy Hump day! Today I’m sharing a little sweet treat to get you through the week. An old fashioned, delicious caramel apple is one of my guilty pleasures during Fall. They can be so messy to indulge in though, do you agree?
We’ve solved that problem with these bite-sized, mini caramel apple bites!
You don’t need many ingredients, and the most difficult part of the recipe is melting the caramel. AKA, not that tough of a recipe to make at home! This would also be a great treat to make for birthday parties, take-home gifts, etc. They’re delicious and cute!
- 3 or 4 apples - A crisp hard apple works best
- 2 packs of caramel candies or caramel melting bits
- Popsicle sticks
- Your choice of sprinkles, Chopped nuts, or chopped candy
- Using a melon baller, ball apples and place on wax paper
- Insert a popsicle stick into each apple ball
- Unwrap caramels, place in sauce pan and melt over low heat, stirring often until melted
- Dip each apple in melted caramel, twirling until the entire apple ball is covered
- Immediately, dip in desired decoration (sprinkles, chopped nuts, or chopped candy)
- Allow to cool and separate from wax paper, and serve.
This is what your apples will look like before the caramel and decorating. I suggest dipping quickly because apples tend to brown very quickly. Also, the coloring you see on the bottom of these apples is the apple’s skin. We chose not to peel the skin beforehand, but that was a personal preference.
You could also skip the sprinkles and instead add chopped nuts or chopped candy. Either way, these mini caramel apple bites are sure to be a hit!