This was a recipe that I shot awhile back, one of which I’ve been making and remixing A LOT lately. (Probably too much.) I am a pasta fanatic and when turning to a healthy lifestyle I needed to quickly find a replacement. Quinoa is perfectly that. I love trying new ingredients in bowls like this. What would you pair together?
- Ground Turkey (Or Beef if you prefer)
- Vegetables of your choice : Squash, mushrooms, diced shallots, sweet peppers, and roma tomatoes
- Flax / Chia Seed blend
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the quinoa. Your water/quinoa ratio should be 2/1.. You do not drain! Your quinoa will soak up all of the water if you portioned correctly.
- Brown your meat and drain.
- Cook vegetables to your liking. I always dice up my shallots, cook those with squash, mushrooms, and peppers. I halve the tomatoes and add those to my skillet last.
- Sprinkle with flax/chia seed blend.
- Serve and enjoy!
Also delicious with any of these: Soy sauce, Shredded parmesan, or Hot sauce!
Photos by Foster K White